Monday, December 23, 2013

November 16

Leadership Academy

Three things I learned...
  • That everyone has their own three core values, which guide them through life.
  • Congruence is a harmony between a person's inner and outer world. 
  • Ethics is your values put into action.
My favorite thing about Leadership Academy was the opportunity to hear what different people had to say about leadership. I think the most valuable thing I will take way from Leadership Academy, is the importance of self-reflection. It is truly amazing what you can learn about yourself when you take the time to actually listen, not just passively listen.

The Value session was all about self-reflecting about what priorities guide your life choices, how you decide what is important to you, and what you are truly not willing to do in order to achieve your goals. The ethics session was all about how you apply your values to everyday situations.  The Commitment session was about how our values motivate us to do different thing.  Overall, the whole day was center around getting to know yourself better, in order to become a truly influential leader in society.

I believe ethics plays a huge role in leadership,because it is how individuals act out their values. If some is unable to act/live out their own values, we can't expect them to a good leader who has to act out the values of the group.  

1 comment:

  1. Although I was happy to meet some new people I was glad I got to experience leadership academy with you Alyssa! Self- reflection as we have all learned is key for developing leadership and I enjoyed having the opportunity to have the day to evaluate my values with everyone.

    ReplyDelete